Friday, July 11, 2008

First Fudgsicle!


Messy

Messier, But Happy!

Messiest!


All Clean!

Every day Valerie is experiencing new things! Things that we think of as ordinary or as simple pleasures are fascinating and delightful to her. It brings me so much joy to watch her face as she experiences eating fudgsicles, walking barefoot in grass, going swimming, holding a kitten, watching fireworks, playing in the sprinkler, and tasting a peach for the very first time! I love all these firsts and look forward to many more!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

That is so neat. I mean, I don't know what orphanages are like, I don't know if the children are really sheltered and don't go out much, but it is so neat to think of small stuff we take for granted. I'm so glad Valerie gets to have a life with yall...a very blessed little girl. And I'm so glad she enjoyed her fudgecicle.
Kelly

Karen said...

I am so happy for you guys. It sounds like Valerie is adapting beautifully. Congratulations on everything. I know what you mean about waiting for your kids, and I think you are right -- it is so much sweeter! God Bless you all, and savor every moment of this first summer together. You will never forget these little moments.

Karen

Anonymous said...

How sweet and exciting at the same time. Your children are precious.

Jennifer