Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Valerie!

Valerie turned 2 last Sunday on August 17! Here is the birthday girl all dressed up for church in her pretty pink dress! She had no clue what all the fuss was about or why Daddy, Blaine, and I were all singing a funny song to her but we celebrated anyway.
I have been so happy to finally have this precious little girl! However, Sunday, I felt a little bit of sadness. I so wish I could have been there on the day she was born and seen her teeny tiny little hands and feet and held her. I guess I just was thinking about all the things we missed in those first 22 months of her life. But we have her now and she is 100% ours and we have a lifetime of birthdays and celebrations and everyday memories to make! Thank you, Lord for my precious little Valerie. She is perfect for us!
My Mom was out of town so we waited until Monday night to have a party. Here Valerie is with Nana as we lit the candles and sang "Happy Birthday". She didn't really get it but managed to sneak a bite of icing. You can see the evidence on her lip!

She REALLY loved the cake and ice cream! She had a plate and then finished off a few other people's also!

She had a good time opening gifts. Blaine and Jenna gave her a hand while Grama looked on. This little girl needed absolutely nothing but she enjoyed it nonetheless and got some really neat toys, books, and a little cash for the college fund.
Mamaw showed Valerie how to feed her new baby doll. This baby laughs, cries, blinks her eyes, and goes to sleep. Valerie loves to play with her babies. She covers them up, pats them, and says, "night, night". So sweet! Happy 2nd Birthday, Valerie!!



4 comments:

Dede said...

Happy Birthday Valerie! She is just precious!

Anonymous said...

Just precious!! Happy Birthday and many, many more! Looks like you all had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Sweet...sweet! Many more precious memories to be made...and many more birthdays to celebrate! Blessings to all of you! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly said...

Cindy,
Happy Birthday to Valerie!! I'm glad yall had a good time, and yes...you'll have many more memories to make in the years to come. I'm glad yall are doing well. Thanks for sharing pics.

Just wondering...how is she doing with English...is she speaking or understanding it well?? I didn't know how quickly she would learn.
Kelly McCarver