Thursday, April 17, 2008

Adoption Progress

I actually started this blog to keep people informed about our adoption. We've had so much other stuff going on lately that I've failed to update about our progress. Our last bit of hard earned paperwork was hand delivered to Irina in Khabarovsk last week by another couple with AIA. Our dossier is 100% complete and in the judge's hands. Monday, we were excited to hear that Valerie's release letter had arrived from Moscow. Now the judge has everything she needs. There will be a pretrial where she goes over all our documents and assigns us a court date!! She could (God forbid) request additional documents from us at this time but we are hoping we will hear about a court date soon. We've been told we could travel in early June so that it what we are praying for. I miss that little girl so much. I wonder what she's doing right now, if she's taken her first steps, or cut another tooth. My arms ache to hold her again!
Valerie's bedding and curtains came in this week! It's purple, green, and yellow with flowers and butterflies. I'm so glad that I didn't have them up yet as they would be pretty smoky and smelly now. It is all so cute and I can't wait to get this nasty mess all cleaned up so I can decorate!

No comments: