Monday, January 19, 2009

A Really Nice Day with My Family!

Today was a great day. There was no school because of MLK Day. We all slept in until about 8:30 and I stayed in my pajamas until after lunch! I played with the kids all morning. I made pizza for lunch and we were all together to eat it. Todd was working at home today so during Valerie's nap, Blaine, Champ (the dog) and I took off on a really long walk in the pasture. It was a beautiful day with warm sunshine and a cool breeze. We had the best conversations about everything in the world. Blaine found a few treasures to bring home. Out of the blue, he said, "I love you, Mama" and it made my day! We stopped off at Mamaw's house on the way home and he wanted to stay and help her with some yard work so I came on home alone. Todd took off to build some fence so Valerie and I went on a walk and had a little special time with just the two of us. While we were walking, she said, "Hand, Mama" which means she wants to hold your hand. She grabbed my hand and kissed it like I always do to her! She is getting to be such a little sweetie! She has also learned to say, "luboo", which means I love you. Todd grilled some burgers for supper and again we were all home to enjoy eating together. I wish everyday could be like this. But I guess if it were, it might not seem so special. I'm counting my blessings tonight!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Precious! Kids are such little blessings!! So glad we get to be moms! By far the best job in the world!

Christi said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! We really enjoyed see you all the other day. Wish it could have been longer! :)

Dede said...

Sounds like a perfect family day! We need to get together soon.