Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Eeeeewwww!

Valerie has a really cool battery operated Dora toothbrush. She loves it and loves to walk around the house brushing her teeth. Yesterday, I caught her brushing Champ, our dog's teeth with it. She had his lips pulled way back in a painful looking way and was going to town on his teeth with her Dora toothbrush buzzing away. Yuck! Champ just sat there looking pleasant, maybe he was enjoying the bubble gum flavored toothpaste she had generously applied. I yelled at her, "STOP! NO, NO, DON'T EVER BRUSH THE DOG'S TEETH WITH YOUR TOOTHBRUSH! YUCKY, YUCKY!" She just gave me a look that said "what's the big deal?" I've seen that look before on the face of one of my first graders that I caught drinking out of my water cup on my desk. When I got on to him, he just shrugged and said, "I do it all the time." Eeeww!

4 comments:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

That is hilarious!!! I can't imagine our dog being such a good sport. Valerie is sweet to be concerned about Champ's dental hygiene! Have you checked his breath lately? LOL!

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Just had to share: the word verification for my comment was "barks". How ironic???

Christi said...

So, are you saying it is a problem for children and dogs to share saliva germs? Hmmm. I will have to inform Elijah. He is very fond of our dog's chew toy. They share quite politely.

Kelly said...

Cindy...well supposedly dogs have cleaner mouths than humans...so I don't know. But yeah, thats pretty gross, maybe yall get to go shopping now for a brand new really cool dora toothbrush!