Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This week 1 year ago...

We were in Khabarovsk, Russia!at Baby Home #2

meeting this beautiful baby girl

playing on the floor

getting to know each other

and falling in love!

These moments are so etched in my memory they seem like yesterday! We had such wonderful visits with Valerie for 5 days. The joy of meeting our daughter and the pain of leaving her there to come home and wait for a court date made for a very emotional week! Now she has officially been ours for 9 months!



3 comments:

Kelly said...

awww..I so remember waiting to see your blog entry for the day!! And you couldn't post pics of her face I'm thinking I remember this....so we had pics of hands and feet. Glad yall are doing well.

Kelly said...

Cindy...saw that you are gonna be teaching this year...post something about whats going on with yall. I actually can't say too much about blogging...I haven't posted in AWHILE. Anyway, hope you're family is doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy ~ Just read your blog postings and looking at pictures of Valerie and Blaine. She looks so much like you and Todd. What a cool story/history. Valerie is so blessed to be chosen as your daughter. The boys look forward to seeing you all and of course, swimming. I just love the pictures you posted. Especially the four generations of cowboys. That is so awesome to see. One question though...what do the cows eat up there in all that dust?? (I didn't see any grass to gnaw on just some tumbleweeds...) Well, I've got to hand it to the men...they somehow managed to make it work all these years ranching. God bless 'em ~ everyone.

Love ya' ~ CArol ANn