Saturday, March 8, 2008

Greetings from Seoul!

We are thrilled to be on our way home. It's 9:14 on Saturday night in Seoul and we're at the Transit Hotel at Incheon Airport. Our flight today wasn't crowded at all. Noone in front of us or behind us so we leaned our seats all the way back without bothering anyone and had noone laying in our laps. Very nice! As soon as we got off the plane, we headed over to the Asiana desk and requested exit row seats for the long flight tomorrow so that we'll have some leg room. Woohoo!! Now we're not dreading the flight anymore. Our flight to LA doesn't leave until 4:30 pm tomorrow so we'll be doing lots of airport walking. We'll land in LA 5 hours before we take off due to the time change. Talk about jet lag! We'll finally get to Midland at 9:40 on Sunday night and I can't wait to squeeze Blaine!!!
We flew right over the orphanage today as we left Khabarovsk. I wish so badly that we could have taken Valerie with us. I am missing that little sweetie! Todd reminded me that we have a lot to do over the next few months to get ready for her. Priority #1 will be turning our guest/scrapbooking/junk room into a little girly-girl's room. That will be fun though!
Donna, I guess it's too late now to ask you to set me up at the chiropractor on Monday. I'll just call first thing. Go ahead and tell Billy that Todd will need all of those classes on little girls - He doesn't know what he's getting into, does he? He's already a great Daddy so I'm sure he'll get it all down even if he doesn't master the ponytail!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for all of you. Sounds like a bond has been created that cannot be broken. I endjoyed reading about all the visits with little Valerie. I can't wait to see pics and meet that sweet baby girl. Have a safe flight back and I look forward to reading more updates!

Love, Feather

Kelly said...

Yeah, I'm glad yall had a good flight so far. Hopefully you'll get some rest for the long flight tomorrow. We'll be anxious to see yall....we've missed you around here. I'd love to help get your girly-girl room all ready!!
See you soon!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed reading about all your visits with Valerie, too. I know you can't wait to get home and see Blaine and get started decorating! I hope all your flights are comfortable. I can't wait to see the pictures!! I'm so excited for you guys (and for the whole extended family)! I love you! Ginger