Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Wait and the Weight

At times, the wait to go get Valerie almost seems unbearable. I look at her pictures and it physically hurts. We are also waiting on one last document from our homestudy agency. We have been working with them on this for the last 3 weeks and I honestly can't tell if we are one step closer to getting it than we were 3 weeks ago. I prayed today that we would get an answer tomorrow, that we would at least know that it is being worked on. I find it hard to do anything else because I am so consumed with getting this document that is the missing piece of our dossier for court, yet it is totally out of my hands. All I can do is try to send increasingly less-polite sounding emails every day asking if there is any progress.

This wait is adding weight to me. Why can't I be one of those who just can't seem to eat when I am stressed? I am definitely a stress eater and I'm not talking carrot sticks here! I get lost in thought about what I can do to speed things along with that final document and the next thing I know that full sleeve of Chips Ahoy cookies is gone and I don't even remember eating it. My Blaine is so sweet - If he minded that his Mama ate more than half the candy out of his Easter basket, he never even mentioned it!

I made the comment a while back that it will be a miracle for us to complete this adoption. The more I think about it, the more I know it's true. Every child is a miracle, a blessing from God, whether they arrive in your family through the miracle of birth or the miracle of adoption. Please pray that our miracle child will be with us soon! As our blog title says, we are still hoping and believing!

1 comment:

Christi said...

You guys just hang in there. These waiting days will be a distant memory when we are holding these precious children. I have decided that I just intend to remind them everyday how bad we wanted them and fought for them, and that we endured the longest "labor" imagineable! Valerie knows that she is loved. It will be time to go over and get her before you know it! See you tomorrow for our "girl time"!