Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We're Home!



Here's a picture of Valerie and Todd sharing some Gerber banana puffs! Isn't she adorable!? We aren't allowed to post pictures of her until after we get home from our court trip but I figured I could get away with this.

We were on the flight from Seoul to LA with The Backstreet Boys who I am totally unfamiliar with but Kathy knew them because she has teenagers. They apparently caused quite a stir. It took a while to get through customs at LA and then back through security in the domestic terminal and we were literally running to our gate to catch our flight to DFW. We finally got home after 10:00 on Sunday night. There were storms around Dallas and our flight was delayed. I was about to burst I was so ready to see Blaine. I could see him from upstairs at the airport and when he spotted us he was jumping up and down excited. I was thrilled to finally get that hug and I just teared up all over again! We were gone 11 days and I swear he grew while we were gone. He also has a very loose tooth that he is quite proud of. I am so proud of him for how well he did while we were away. He's a big boy!

It feels wonderful to be home and be in our own bed and familiar surroundings. However, jet lag is rough! I am exhausted but have woken up about 3:00 am for the last two nights and can't go back to sleep. I have never traveled halfway around the world before. I've always heard about jet lag but just really didn't understand how bad it messes up your internal clock.

Thank you to everyone who took care of things while we were gone from covering our responsibilities at church, to getting our mail, feeding the cats, watering the yard, and taking care of and loving on Blaine. Everything seemed to run so smooth as we knew it would because we have so many great people in our lives taking care of us! At one point during the trip Todd commented that everything was really going our way and I said, "Well, look how many people are praying for us!" Thank you most of all for your prayers. We have a good God!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hi Cindy!

Everyone at the bank is keeping up with your blog and my mom forwarded the link on to me. What you all are doing is truly amazing. I'll be keeping your family and Valerie in my prayers in the months to come.

Jamie Flowers

Anonymous said...

Those little hands are so adorable. I am so excited for you and I know Valerie will be blessed with a loving family who will give her more love than she could ever have imagined. God is great and has given you and your family the best gift of all, another one of his angels to love and raise. There truly is no greater gift in the world. God Bless you and your family and know that I will continue to pray for you, Valerie and the family.

Love, Feather