Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Tuesday - Visit #2 at the Orphanage

We had another great time with Valerie today! We got to the orphanage about 10:30 and were told that she was still having her morning nap so we waited until a little after 11:00. They brought her to us and has us go to a tiny little room with a couch and no toys for our visit today. It was definitely not as fun a place as the big room yesterday but it didn't really matter. We had brought toys with us. Valerie really came out of her shell today! She initiated a game of peek a boo by putting her hands over her eyes and then throwing her arms up in the air! She laughed and babbled more today and was so cute. She still loves the bear but the favorite toy today was the little cell phone that rings and plays music. We would push a button and pretend to answer and she immediately did the same and would say d d d when she put it to her ear. Then she would put it to our ears. We went back and forth with this for a long while and she really got a kick out of it. When the music played she would sway back and forth and laugh and clap. Again today she never got upset or cried even once. She is so calm and such a happy girl. Our visit ended way to quickly because we had to see 4 more doctors today for the required in-country medicals for Todd and I. Irina came to get her and I asked if we could see her room. She said yes but not for long because we needed to get on the road. We saw her room for just a minute but I had time to snap a few pictures of her room and of Valerie with one of her caretakers. I hated to put her down and as I did she reached out to us which made us feel good. I think she is really loving the individual attention instead of just being one of many. Friday is going to be hard to leave! She is in a clean nice place and obviously being well cared for but I just can't wait until she can experience a real forever family! Blaine, when we showed Valerie a picture of you today she said "ooooo" and patted your picture. You two are going to love each other. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and sweet comments on the blog. Todd and I were talking last night and realized that Valerie was born about 2 weeks after my miscarriage in 2006. We know God has always had a plan for us even if we were impatient at times!!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I am so excited for you guys!! She sounds wonderful! God is good! I love reading about your journey every day. I can't help but get a little teary as I read and see your sweet heart and spirit in your words. My prayers are with you!

Jill

Megan said...

I am so happy that things are going the way they are with Valerie!! God does have a plan and it is always worth the wait! Thinking about you all!!
Megan

Kelly said...

Yes! Once again, I'm so excited. I think it's gonna be a great transition for her. I know you have to wait several months, but it's gonna work out. So cool! I also appreciate all the detail....makes us feel like we're there too : )
Kelly