Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms! We had a really nice day but I missed Valerie alot today. We had a baby dedication day at church and there were 17 babies there. I enjoyed seeing all of them and the service was really nice but many of them were around Valerie's age so I guess that's why it really hit home that she should be here with us. We'll be in Russia on Father's Day so that will be a special one for Todd! Before I had Blaine I really had a hard time on Mother's Day. I remember sitting in church trying so hard not to cry as all the mothers were asked to stand and be recognized. Then I would go home and cry all afternoon. Now I have a precious precious son who made me a beautiful bouquet of flowers out of his sweet little handprints for Mother's Day and I am so grateful for him!! I also have a precious precious little daughter in Khabarovsk that we'll be going to get very soon!! I just can't wait!

Todd and I both were blessed with awesome moms. I try so hard to be a good mom. I had a great example and that helps so much! Happy Mother's Day, Mom and Polly Sue!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mother's Day was Super! I am so blessed to have such awesome children and grandchildren!God blessed me by giving me the most wonderful son a mother could ever hope for and then a double blessing when He gave me a precious daughter-in-law to go with him. Then came one of the most beautiful blessings that I could ever imagine when Blaine came along--and now I am counting the days until I can love and hold another beautiful blessing in Valarie. I can hardly wait!
Polly Sue/Mamaw