Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We have a COURT DATE!!!!!

I have been sitting at my computer since 9:00 hitting the refresh button every 3 minutes, waiting for some news. Our pretrial was today and we got an email at 12:26 am (4:26 pm in Khabarovsk) that our court date had been scheduled! Woohoo!!! Our coordinator had requested June 4 because our Russian medicals will expire on June 5. June 4 was not available but we don't have to redo our medicals because.......Our court hearing will be June 2!! That is 12 days from now! In just 12 days, Valerie will be ours!! That means we travel in about 9 days. Oh my, 9 days!! Our travel agent had already made us a tentative itinerary but now it will have to be revised and moved up a little. I'll be on the phone with her first thing in the morning getting our tickets and our visas ordered. Talk about short notice - So much to do!

I am crying right now. I think I've been holding my emotions back for the last 3 months worrying that something would go wrong. These are happy, happy tears!! Todd and I have been married 13 years today. This is a great anniversary gift to the both of us!
More details later......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes two of us crying!!! What wonderful news! God is exceedingly GOOD! This really steps up the planning and packing! We are so happy for you all, and can hardly wait to actually see and hold little Valerie! What do you think about this, Big Brother? Love, Mom(Grama)

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! We've been praying for a court date before June 4. Thanks for the blog to keep us up-to-date. Can't wait for real pictures. We'll be praying for your preparations and for your travels.

Cindy from KS

Elle said...

Congratulations! The next 12 days will go by so fast.

Famille Paypay said...

Whoo Hoo Cindy!! I'm so happy for you guys! Kathleen

Dede said...

Congrats! I'm so happy your court date came earlier than expected.

Megan said...

Congratulations you guys! Tears were brought to my eyes! I am so excited!

Kelly said...

Cindy,
Hey!! I finally made it to a computer, I've been thinking about yall so much...YEAH June 2. That is so cool...please please blog everything...I really want to follow this whole thing. I'm so excited for yall. We still don't have internet at the house...but know I'm thinking and praying for yalls trip. I bet Blaine is excited!!
Kelly McCarver