Saturday, May 17, 2008

Time Zones, Temperatures, and Long Days

I was looking online trying to wrap my brain around the time zones we'll be traveling to and what the weather might be like so I'll know what kind of clothes to take on our trip. Here's what I found:

Khabarovsk is 16 hours ahead of us.
Moscow is 9 hours ahead of us.

We wil be in Moscow during the longest days of the year there! It will only be truly dark for about 4-5 hours each night. I hadn't thought about that. One more thing to totally throw off our internal clocks!

Lots of sites said different things about the weather but in general the daily low in Khab will be in the 50's and the high will be in the 80's. Sounds pretty nice to me. People say it can get a little hot because of lack of air conditioning. Moscow will probably be a little cooler but pretty similar.
So I guess we'll wear pants, short sleeve shirts and take a light jacket for the mornings. I got my outfit for court. It's a black short sleeve pants suit that looks dressy but not overly business like. I mainly liked it because I get hot when I'm nervous and didn't want anything with long sleeves or a jacket. Todd will just wear one of his suits.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Why is packing so difficult? Too bad we can't take 10 bags each! The day is getting closer and closer. I need to do a big shopping day too. Of course we are just worried about being hungry while in Liberia. We have our priorities! See you Sunday!

Elle said...

I wouldn't worry about a full suit for Todd. A shirt and tie with slacks is fine. I wore a tweed skirt, a sleeveless shirt and a very light weight sweater in September. It was quite warm on court day for us. Early June isn't too bad, just really muggy.

Make sure you close the windows in your flat as soon as the sun starts to go down or you will have mosquitoes in your room. And capris are fine for out and about during the day if it gets warm. They just don't wear shorts. And bug spray. Take bug spray. And sunscreen.