Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Productive Day

I went to Odessa today with a big shopping list and got a lot done in preparation for our trip. I bought a car seat that's pink with flowers! I still have Blaine's stroller but I also got a little umbrella stroller to take to Russia with us. I hear you can gate-check the stroller when you fly. I bought sippy cups, bibs, diapers, wipes, Tylenol, Desitin, baby bath and lotion, some super cute girly clothes, and a pair of white sandals with butterflies that I feel certain will fit (I think). I also took Kathleen's advice and ordered a pair of Robeez. I also got some banana puffs and other baby snacks for Valerie and plenty of yummy goodies for Todd, Blaine, and I also!
One of my favorite purchases was a cute little red, white, and blue onesie that says All American Girl on it. Valerie will be a US citizen as soon as our plane lands in America. I'll have to put her in her red, white, and blue for the occassion! My friend Renee passed on some of her daughter's clothes to me and I am so glad because some of them are for cooler weather and we might need that while we're in Russia and you sure can't find warm clothes in the stores right now. However, I noticed the cute little weather girl on the side bar is wearing a sundress and it's 72 degrees right now in Khabarovsk - Nice! We'll just take all kinds of clothes and be prepared for anything. I need to have Blaine start practicing pulling a suitcase - I think we're gonna need his help!
Shopping for the trip and for Valerie was so much fun! There's so much cute cute girl stuff out there. Blaine has cute clothes but I've never gone overboard shopping for him. But for a girl... oh my!

4 comments:

Elle said...

You will need two things to "properly" take her from the orphanage. True shoes and a hat. The Russians are very particular about those two things. Also, if it is under 70 degrees on the day you take her out and plan on putting her in a dress you will need tights. They bundle their kids like crazy. Once you get her out all bets are off except the hat. It is proper to have one when going to the park and such.

Kelly said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you get to go "girly shopping". So much fun. I know it's kinda hard to shop for your trip to find out exactly what you need. But by the time yall actually get back home, you can really know what sizes she wears and you'll be able to figure out the weather a little better. I'm so excited for yall and that this is really happening...so wish I could see her in person. So for now I'll look forward to pictures.
Kelly

Dede said...

Sounds like a fun day of shopping. You're right, there are tons more cute girl clothes out there than boys. We will have to put together a Permian Basin Russian kids get together one of these days.

Famille Paypay said...

One thing I wished I packed was some bug repellent (deet-free) because there are no screens on the windows and I kept flapping my arms around Nadya to get rid of the mosquitos while at the park.

And oh! shopping for a little girl is soooo much fun! I had a great time getting pretty dresses, hats, skirts, pants, shirts and shoes (even though they didn't fit). I brought way too much stuff and what didn't fit I left at the orhpange.