Thursday, February 21, 2008

1 Down, 2 To Go

Yesterday, I mentioned 3 important things I was hoping to receive in the mail. 1 of those came today, 2 did not. We did receive our packet of info. from Dr. Skurkovich, our international adoption doctor. It was very informative and came complete with growth charts and a measuring tape. Very useful! We are still waiting on our passports, visas, and plane tickets which were sent Priority Mail on Monday. The tracking results say they were sent from Seattle and nothing more. I keep reminding myself that next Wednesday is still 6 days away (all the while that strange feeling in the pit of my stomach intensifies)! I called the office of the Secretary of State today about my apostilled documents for our court dossier and they were still there. I can be patient just as long as I know they're not lost out there somewhere.

I piled up all the things we have gathered for a donation to the orphanage into a huge pile today. Then I loaded them up into a Space Bag and vacuumed out all the air. I so wish I had taken before and after pictures. It was amazing, just like the commercial! I'm very impressed. I have been reminded that although it takes up much less room, there are still weight limits on baggage.

We were given 5 pictures of the little girl we are going to meet. I blew them up into 8x10's and have spent hours staring at them. She looks so sweet and I can't wait to hold her. Everyone says not to fall in love with your referral and to remember that she's not yours until after court. Too late! Someone will have to tell me how to hold back that part of my heart because I don't seem to have any control over it. That feeling in my stomach is rising into my chest!!
6 more days!

No comments: