Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Disappointment at the Post Office

We were told by our travel agent to expect our Russian visas in the mail today. They weren't there. I was also hoping to receive an important information packet from our IA doctor that we need before we leave next week. It wasn't there either. I also hoped the nice UPS man would bring our very very important apostilled documents from Austin today. He didn't. Ugh!
When you mail off your passports with your visa applications or send off all the documents that you have spent forever obtaining, it gives you a kinda sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you place them in the drop box. When they don't come back on the day you expect them, that feeling gets much worse! I'm trying not to stress too much until tomorrow.
On the bright side, I did get my new boots from Land's End. They are fur lined, toasty warm, and feel really good even if they are quite ugly!

Todd has been so incredibly busy at work that I don't think he's been able to give much thought to this trip lately. He joked tonight that I'll be pulling him away from his desk to go to the airport and he'll be saying, "Wait, I've got to write up one more loan!" Another quote from Todd: "I'm going to have to quit sleeping in until 5:30 every morning if I'm going to get everything done." Crazy!! So much for "banker's hours"! I know that travel and jet lag can be rough but I'm hoping this trip goes smoothly and he can "sleep in" a little later than that each day!

One week from tonight we fly to Dallas. One week from tomorrow, we'll be on our way to Seoul!
(If those darn visas show up!!)

No comments: