Friday, February 22, 2008

2 Down, 1 To Go

Yeah!! Our passports with Russian visas and our plane tickets arrived today - It feels so good to have them in hand! Now all we need is our documents from Austin. When I called the Sec. of State's office yesterday, I talked to a girl who said she had just apostilled them that morning and sent them off in the overnight envelope I provided. I tracked the package today on the UPS website and it isn't even in their system yet. Hmmm. This isn't something we have to have before our trip but it must be submitted in order to receive a court date. I really want to have it to our agency before we travel. Todd says, "Quit Worrying!"


I was able to get quite a few things marked off my to do list today. I promised Blaine I'd watch Man vs. Wild with him at 8:00 tonight. I wonder what that guy will eat tonight. I plan on being in bed by 9:00. I am wiped out.

5 more days!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Yeah...I'm sure your stuff from Austin will get here soon! I love following the story of this....so many emotions, we're so excited for yall. I can't wait to hear all about it! Thanks for sharing everything.
Kelly

Nancy said...

Cindy,

I missed chat last night, I'm learning to sew. I wanted to tell you about the best thing we took to Grace when we went to meet her. We had two little taggie blankets, basicaly just those small comfort balnkies. We had her keep one when we left between trips. When we went back we took the one we had kept with us, and they gave us back the one we had left with her. She held onto the blanky that had been in the babyhome like it was a lifeline. We don't know if she had been allowed to have the balnket in the interim, but we think the smell (orphanage smell is very distinct, prepare yourself!) was a great comfort to her. We didn't wash the blanket for 6 months after we got home and it was her chosen comfort item. Just wanted to pass that along, as it was such a comfort to Grace. I can't wait for you to meet you girly!

Anonymous said...

It's almost time! I'm sure you are packing now! Praying for you ~ Melea