Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Last Minute Details and a Fire

I can't believe we leave tomorrow! We fly to Dallas tomorrow night and then on to LA early Thursday morning. Then La to Seoul, then Seoul to Khabarovsk (prounounced Ha bar usk) on Saturday. We kinda lose Friday on the way over there but we'll get a day back on the way home. I am so excited!! In about 5 more days we'll have met our little girl!

Our apostilled documents arrived from Austin yesterday. I made copies and then sent them off to Alaska to our agency. It feels so good to be done with all that paperwork. I think there are a few more forms to sign after our trip but no more gathering documents. Yay!!!

Yesterday started off great. Donna and I went to Odessa and I picked up some last minute things for the trip. She bought me lunch for my birthday and we had a good time and got a lot done. Thanks, Donna! When I got home I went to the alltell store to see if our cell phones will work in Russia. I called Todd at the bank to let him know that they won't work and his secretary told me he had left because there was a fire on the ranch. I headed south to look for him and it was a BIG fire. Needless to say, no packing was going on last night. He and his dad fought the fire until late in the evening and got home about 9:00 filthy and exhausted. With the high winds and dry conditions it took forever to get it under control. We are so thankful for our volunteer fire department and all the others who just came out to help! We need some rain in a big way.
I was hoping to get mostly packed last night and just have some good relaxing family time tonight before we leave tomorrow. So.....I guess I'd better get off this computer and get a move on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad everything came by mail! I can't wait to hear more--I'm so excited for you. We'll be praying for your trip and for rain at home. We need your prayers too, big time.

Cindy from KS

Dede said...

Have a safe trip! Looking forward to hearing about your journey. Good luck!

Gaye and Andrew said...

Hi Cindy & Todd...I am a friend of Elle's and also adopted from Russia. Best wishes for a wonderful trip to meet your little girl! ~ gaye (mommy to The Russian Roman)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving credit to your volunteer FD! I'm the wife of a Mo. Volunteer FD chief. Prayers & blessings for your journey.