Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Tentative was the key word!

Our old "tentative" travel date was Feb. 23. Our new "tentative" travel date is Feb. 28. There were 2 Russian holidays during that 1st week so it wouldn't have worked out well for us to go during that time. This new date is probably more of a sure thing, we even received a proposed itinerary. It looks like this first trip will be 11 days. We originally thought it would be about 7 days. I put Blaine to bed tonight and held him extra long. I cannot wait to go meet this little girl but leaving my sweet boy for that long is going to be oh so hard. OUCH - My heart hurts already! Thank goodness for two sets of awesome grandparents! Seeing the flight on paper like that made me realize what a long journey it really is - 16,240 miles round trip and that doesn't include the distance from Monahans to Dallas. The furthest I've been from Monahans is California. Doesn't really compare, does it?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I totally know how it feels....you have to share you love for you kids. I remember being pregnant with Caleb, and I would hold and rock Hannah thinking...I have to get the most of this time now because it's gonna be split. Kinda weird, but now it's like Hannah loves him and is so glad he's here and apart of our family. Blaine will love this little girl. And, I still get special time with Hannah too. It will be wonderful and you family will be so blessed.
Kelly