Wednesday, June 18, 2008

100 Rubles!

I guess the tooth fairy thought Blaine was a little Russian boy because she brought him rubles for the tooth he lost. I guess it must have been a fine tooth because he got 100 rubles which is equal to about $4! He thought about spending it today but decided he wanted to save it as a souvenir. Today we took a taxi to the children's park. We got a little anxious when he drove by the park, commented on it and kept on driving. It was just a miscommunication and once he realized that's where we needed to be, he got turned around and dropped us off.

Blaine rode the swan rides and he did the kangaroo jump which is trampolines with bungee cords. Boy did he go high! He also went on a giant slide that looked like a tiger and played on a big pirate ship. I would show you pictures of all this fun but I forgot my camera today. I was really disappointed when I realized it. We took sandwiches and chips, bought some cokes while we were out and had a picnic lunch. We had the stroller with us and decided to walk home instead of getting a taxi. It was a hot day and we were all sweaty and exhausted by the time we got home. It might have been a little too far for such a hot day. Valerie did well and had fun until the very end and I ended up having to carry her because she was arching her back and almost flipping out of the stroller. She'd had enough! We all rested well this afternoon and are ready to turn in early tonight. Friday we get to pick up Valerie's passport and we head to Moscow on Saturday. We're beginning to get homesick and can't wait to see all of you! Thanks for your encouraging comments and your prayers.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hunts,
We are praying for you--everyday!
Love,
Bill and Karen

Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you! You'll be home before you know it...all 4 of you!!! ~ Melea

Elle said...

Have you figured out how to ride the trolley (on the tracks) into town yet? It is 30 rubles for each adult to ride instead of the amount you are paying for a taxi. Perfectly safe, you just have to know how to get to it from the apartment. I'll email you and send you a little map.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until you get home. Valerie is precious!! Blaine, you are such a good big brother. Happy birthday to you and WOW, you were brave to pull your own tooth. Thinking of each of you every day.
Love, Ruthie

Anonymous said...

Hey Blaine, that WAS a special tooth. Cindy, thank you for blogging each day. I just can't wait to read each day what you all have been doing, it's my "morning fix" ha. You are allowing us to be part of this special time in your family's life and I'm grateful you are willing to share that. Please know we miss you all very much and are counting the days until you are all home. Hugs and prayers, Becky & Windell

Karen said...

Cindy,
I enjoy reading your blogs every morning after I come home from putting Alex on the bus. It's a great way to start my day. Thank you so much for keeping us up-to-date, and hang in there -- you are almost home!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! Just wanted to say Thanks for your blog. I am caught up now. I have been out of pocket for a few days but the wedding was absolutely beautiful, if I can say so, sense it was my daughters, and went so smoothly. And I Thank the LORD for that. First off I want to wish Blaine a belated Birthday and WOW on your tooth pulling, one tuff guy.
It has been hot here too.
Just remember we can count the days now till you all will be home. Thanks again for allowing us to be a part of your journey from afar. IN CHRIST LOVE Debbie Chaney

Dede said...

I had a feeling it might be a Russian Tooth Fairy! ;-)
Another adoptive family from the area contacted me and wants to have a get together. I think we should all meet once you are back and settled.

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone!! Sounds like you all had a fun day!!! I can't wait until we can all go to Sea World again :) We are praying for you and for safe travel.

Blaine- We are so glad the tooth fairy went all the way to Russia to deliver you 100 RUBLES!!! Have fun!! Brooks and Paige said to tell you and Valerie "Hi" and they can't wait to play together!!

Love yall!!
Jami