Friday, June 6, 2008

Under the Weather

Well, we finally got our girl, got our luggage, and now we're sick. Not terrible but we didn't really feel good enough to get out much today. We woke up this morning feeling great, ate some oatmeal for breakfast and started to get ready for the day. Todd got in the shower and quickly got out. He said there were 2 temperatures, hot and scalding. The cold water was turned off in our building. So we just got dressed and went to the playground for awhile. Valerie seemed to really enjoy it but Blaine was a little whiny and not really himself. We came home and made sandwiches for lunch and all just felt so exhausted. Blaine and Todd went down for a nap in the bedroom. I laid Valerie down on the coach beside me and read a book. About 2 hours later, Blaine came and climbed in my lap and I could tell he had a fever. He said he felt like he might throw up but never did. I went to get the Children's Tylenol but it wasn't there. I had gotten him an antibiotic, an anti-diarheal medicine, and even some medicine for pink eye before we left but I didn't bring the Children's Tylenol. I can't believe I forgot that. I had a new bottle of Infant's Tylenol for Valerie so I gave him a dose of that plus a little extra and he went back to sleep. He woke up feeling ok but after supper his fever was back up again. I went down to the office and tried to talk to the receptionist who didn't speak English for a little advice on what to get at the grocery store. She finally called someone who spoke English, I got on the phone, told her the problem, and she told the receptionist to write me a note in Russian to take to the pharmacy telling them what was wrong. Jerry, Catherine's cousin, was so sweet. He took off walking, found a pharmacy, and picked up some Children's Panadol. I looked it up online and it is similar to Tylenol. It's a pain reliever/fever reducer. Right now, Blaine is cool and asleep so I'll just keep an eye on him through the night. I am so thankful to have something to give him if it goes back up in the night. Todd and I just seem to have a touch of the stomach bug but are not terribly miserable. I guess we all must have a little virus of some kind. Valerie is perfectly fine. Oh well, my motto here lately is "Things could always be worse!" I am sitting here on the fold out couch and Valerie is laying beside me fighting sleep. She doesn't cry or try to get up or anything but her little eyelids are so heavy and she just won't close them. We love her even more today! Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll have a happier post and some more pictures. Love ya'll, Cindy

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you guys are sick, that's no fun! I'll pray that you get better soon! I love you, Ginger

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you all aren't feeling well. I hope they get the water fixed too, sometimes a nice bath can make us all feel better. We will continue praying for the four of you. We love you!!
Jami

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I hope all of you start to feel better today---I'll be praying for speedy recovery!!!! I can't tell you how exciting this has been to read about your experiences getting Valerie! It makes me feel like I'm there with y'all!!! I truely can't imaging how exciting all of this is for all of you! Thank you for taking the time to include all of us in this process. We can't wait to see that sweet little girl!!! Get some rest today and I'm praying for Godspeed in recovery for all of you!!
In Him,
Terry Miller

Anonymous said...

Praying you all get well soon and that Valerie does not come down with it. Sorry you all had such a rough day. Hopefully tommorrow will be better. ~ Melea

Kelly said...

Sorry yall are kinda sick, but I'm thinking, I'm so glad you get to spend the night with your little girl. Theres nothing better than to rock your baby to sleep and watch them...I'm so glad you have her with you. Praying for quick recoveries.
Kelly