Sunday, June 1, 2008

Court in a couple of hours!

Hello from Khabarovsk! We have court in a couple of hours and are feeling nervous but prepared. Thank goodness I've read so much advice about traveling and decided to bring our court clothes in our carry-on luggage. The travel was pretty hard and it would have been so nice to come into our apartment and settle in. As it is, we have nothing. We bought a razor, a hairbrush, and some deodorant at a little store yesterday. I don't have any of my hair stuff and look horrible but surely the judge won't deny us because I'm having a bad hair day! Catherine and her sister have fed us, loaned us clothes and other necesseties. I don't know what we'd do without them. As Mom said we are pretty frustrated over all 3 of our suitcases not arriving but we've met with Valerie twice now and are reminded that that is why we are here. Blaine and Valerie really hit it off. She was very taken with him and he could make her laugh with silly faces! Our comfort is secondary to the fact that we are about to officially become parents to a beautiful sweet little girl!!! I'm going to grab a bite of lunch then it's time to get dressed and go to court! We'll update afterwards.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Cindy..Yeah...I'm reading this at 9:35pm Sunday night here....so that means court for you in about 30min...we will definitely be praying. Sorry no luggage, but all will go well, it will arrive. I'm so glad Valerie and Blaine had a good meeting. Can't wait to hear more...we'll be waiting for the "approval post". We're so excited for yall.
Kelly

Anonymous said...

It's 10:18... Mike and I are thinking of you guys. We can't wait to hear how court went! Love you all! Ginger

Christi said...

It's 10:32 pm - I will be checking your blog at least every two minutes! Eeee - We are so excited! Right now you should be showing that judge how great ya'll are and how deserving that little princess is to have a great family. Okay - we're waiting to hear....

Megan said...

Okay, so it is like 12:30 and I can only imagine what is going on with you guys at this moment. I have been praying my heart out! We are thinking about you guys!